Sometime around the time that I got out of college and got my first apartment, I received a crock pot as a gift. While it no longer looks stylish, it works perfectly fine and it would be silly to replace it.
I go through spurts when I use it and other times when it sits in a closet for months on end.
With my new focus on eating healthy and cooking more at home, I’ve renewed my interest in using the crock pot.
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken:
I have a few recipes that call for cooked chicken, plus I like chicken salad, chicken sandwiches and a little diced chicken in my garden salad. While there are plenty of ways to make cooked chicken, I found a recipe that I’ve been wanting to try for a while due to it’s simplicity.
I couldn’t have been more pleased with how tasty the chicken turned out to be.
Like usual, I’ve tweaked the recipe a tad.
- 4-12 skinless boneless chicken pieces (white or dark meat)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Place the chicken in the crock pot. As long as the lid will close, you can add as much chicken as you want.
- Mix seasonings into water and pour over chicken. If using a small amount of chicken, you can also pour the water into the crock pot and then sprinkle the seasonings over the top.
- Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken, shredding it or pulling it apart into small pieces while still hot. Refrigerate or freeze in small portions so you can defrost just what you need.
I love Pinterest, Facebook and Google+ shares!
SEE MY MOST POPULAR RECIPES:
- Easy Dessert Recipe ~ Pan Style Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Easy Chicken Recipe ~ Balsamic Baked Chicken
- Quick & Easy ~ Oatmeal Cookies Recipe