QUIZ: Find the Perfect Place to Live Overseas
I’ve been thinking more about the idea of moving overseas again. I don’t really want to wait 20 years until I’m ready to retire. I want to do it soon.
But one of the biggest challenges is that I don’t know where I would want to live.
I simply haven’t traveled enough to find the best place in the world for me.
I actually really like the idea of trying out a few places. Living in a place for 3-6 months and then moving on to someplace new if I don’t love it. I’m on the lookout for someone willing to go with me, so if you have any interest, definitely let me know.
Back to my problem.
Where would I go if I could go tomorrow?
I don’t really know.
I’m leaning towards Latin America since I know a little Spanish and I’d prefer a warm climate.
Here’s my wish list for my future international home.
- Beachfront town
- Small enough that it isn’t a major tourist destination and has a community feel
- Expat community that is welcoming to newcomers
- Affordable housing that is near the center of town so I can walk or bike places
- Great climate – not blistering hot!
- Not a mosquito or sand flea haven…scratching all the time is just no fun!
- English is spoken enough that you can get buy without being fluent in another language
- Low cost of living
- Dog friendly – Milo would have to come with me!
Any ideas for me?
I LOVED San Pedro, Belize, and it’s a contender. My only issues there are that the mosquitos are horrible and it was a bit hotter than I would prefer.
Quiz: Find the Perfect Place to Live Overseas
Late last night I started thinking about my dreams of moving to an international location and did a Google search to see where single women live as expats. I ended up surfing the website International Living for a couple of hours and stumbled on a quiz to tell you the best country for you to live in the world.
There were a couple of questions that I could answer more than one way, so I took the quiz a few times.
Panama City at Night
Punta del Este, Uruguay
I need to research both more, but the initial descriptions really do sound good.
Share with me where it says you should live in the comments below.