Easy Apple Crisp
Apple Crisp is one of the first things I learned to make when I moved out on my own. I got this recipe from my mom and in just a few minutes, I had a bit of home for dessert.
I hope you like it as much as I do.
I first posted this recipe on Food.com and got rave reviews:
This was a lovely apple crisp Karen. It was perfect, just the way my dh loves them. Basic and simple allowing all the ingredients to shine. I used Red Prince apples in this lovely treat.
Review by Baby Kato
This small size crisp was just right for the 2 of us to enjoy without drawing out the still-fresh leftovers through more than a day! The apples I used were large, but the only compensation I made for that was to use s bit more of the cinnamon! very nice! Thanks for posting the recipe!
Review by Sydney Mike
If you give it a try, I hope you’ll leave a review in the comments below.
Easy Apple Crisp:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (quick or old fashioned)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 medium apples, peeled & sliced (about 6 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Arrange 1/2 of the apple slices in a buttered 8 inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle apples with half of the sugar mixture.
- Top with remaining apples, followed by the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
I love Pinterest and Facebook shares!