Just Chicken Livers
I love chicken livers, and this is a simple and easy way to make them for a main dish for dinner. Chicken livers are also inexpensive. You can pick up a carton of them in the butcher section of your grocery store.
It’s also an easy recipe if you are cooking for 1 or 2.
Cooking for more?
Just double the recipe.
I hope you like it as much as I do.
I first posted this recipe on Food.com and got rave reviews:
Totally enjoyed these delicious bites of chicken livers…the hubby wanted his normal side of ketchup…I enjoyed the squeeze of lemon…it was a nice change.
Review by teresas
Normally I double bread and fry chicken livers. These are pan fried, lightly breaded, and have that spark of tart from the lemon. We liked them quite a bit and will definitely make again!
Review by Susie D
Thank you for a simple recipe that is so very good!
Review by MommyOh
If you give it a try, I hope you’ll leave a review in the comments below.
Just Chicken Livers:
- 8 ounces chicken livers
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- fresh lemon juice
- Stir salt, pepper and oregano into flour in small bowl.
- Dredge chicken livers in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add livers and fry 10 minutes, turning frequently. Feel free to cut into one of the livers and adjust the cooking time to your preferred level of pink (medium to well done).
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over top before serving.
I love Pinterest and Facebook shares!